Sunday, June 21, 2009

California Rain

From FAWM 2009
This was a tough one. I don't know if I can pull off the kind of bluesy vocals I have in my head for this....hmmmm. Regardless, the song was inspired by the ever-increasing number of vacated homes in my community, lives ruined by greedy mortgage brokers and a system designed to screw the little guy.

I will eventually re-record this. I know I can do better. It needs a bass and some backup vocals.
EDIT: Since recording this, a neighbor of mine actually committed suicide as the bank prepared to foreclose.

Lyrics:

Some guy once sang
“it never rains in California”
Well I beg to differ
It’s rainin’ right now

The foreclosure signs
Up and down the block
Are wet and depressing
Cuz its, raining in California

=chorus=
What will we all do?
The rain is comin’
For you

Neighbors disappear
Where could they all be going?
No one’s movin’ here
To California

=chorus=

Bailouts for the banks
CEO’s line their pockets
Can you really fight, the
Rain in California

=chorus=X2

No comments:

Post a Comment